Inventory Unit Detail
2019 Yamaha F40LA
Call for Price
The Yamaha 40 hp and 30 hp Midrange four strokes are known for their small size and solid performance. Light and powerful, these nimble, three-cylinder wonders are perfect for light duty on skiffs, jons and inflatables and small pontoons or aluminum fishing boats. With single-overhead camshafts and electronic fuel injection, they deliver quick starts, responsive power, quiet operation and valuable efficiency. Not only that, but they’re also both compatible with our award-winning Multi-Function Tiller Handle, which allows for variable trolling and fishing flexibility. The Yamaha Midrange 40- and 30-hp four strokes. Reliable power for any small-scale, boating application.
- Fuel Economy: Precision Multi-Point Electronic Fuel Injection delivers the exact amount of fuel needed for optimum performance and efficiency. Yamaha’s EFI optimizes fuel atomization further enhancing fuel economy.
- Single Overhead Camshaft: A Single Overhead Camshaft (SOHC), three-cylinder design on the F40 and F30 provides a compact, lightweight, space-saving design.
- Precise Throttle Control: All air entering the engine block of is routed through a single throttle valve, to ensure the precise amount of air necessary for optimum power and fuel efficiency. It then enters each cylinder through individual long intake tracks, which are 'pulse tuned' to provide air at the precise volume and timing for maximum density and power.
- Dependable Starting: The F40 and F30 feature a vapor-reducing fuel return system. Used in conjuction with multi-point electronic fuel injection, they offer dependable turn-key starting in hot or cold conditions.
- Corrosion Protection: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha Midrange four-stroke engines.
- Advanced Technology: The F40 and F30 are equipped with an Engine Control Module that interfaces with Yamaha Diagnostic System software. This provides a view of selected past and current running conditions, to help technicians provide a complete and accurate diagnosis of your engine.
- Protection from the Elements: A proven one-piece cowling with an intake air drain system easily and efficiently drains water away that enters the cowling. Incoming air is routed through a labyrinth of passages that help trap water before it enters the engine's intake for maximum reliability.
- Cleaner Fuel: A large, on-engine water separating fuel filter with a water sensor is used in conjunction with the Yamaha optional boat-mounted 10-Micron Water Separating Fuel Filter. This helps separate water and contaiminants from the fuel before they can reach the outboard's other filters and fuel injectors.
- Control and Comfort: Our optional, award-winning Multi-Function Tiller handle features a Variable Trolling RPM Switch (VTS®). It allows for precision trolling speed adjustments in 50-RPM increments. Compatible with all Midrange models.
- Easy Engine Flushing: A Freshwater Flush Device allows you to flush the engine without running it, for added convenience and extended engine life.
- Power Trim and Tilt: Power trim and tilt models provide a trim range of -3 up to +20 degrees. This brings the bow of the boat up, for better hole shot and top speed and a smoother ride.
- Our 747-cc 40-hp midrange provides powerful performance in a compact package that’s available in both propeller- and jet-pump-driven models. With its single throttle valve, long-track intake manifold and electronic control module, it delivers easy starts, fast acceleration and excellent top-end speed.
- Available for mechanical or tiller-handle control
- Only 214 pounds
- Available in a 20” shaft
- Powerful 17-amp alternator
- Optional Variable Trolling RPM Switch (VTS®) via our Multi-Function Tiller Handle, Command Link® tachometer or new helm-mounted remote VTS switch
- Engine Type: 3 cyl
- Displacement: 747cc
- Bore x Stroke: 65 x 75mm (2.56 x 2.95 in.)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 40hp at 5500rpm
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 ~ 6000 rpm
- Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 17 Amp
- Compression Ratio: 9.4:1
- Fuel Induction System: EFI
- Weight*: 97 kg (214 lbs)
- Recommended Fuel: Octane 87
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner's manual)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 3-Star
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Intake: 6
- Ignition: CDI Microcomputer
- Spark Plug: DPR6EB-9
- Alternator Output: 17 Amp
- Starting System: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 1.7L/1.5L
- Recommended Cooling: Thermostatic Control
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: 2.00:1
- Gear Shift: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Shaft Length: 20"
- Degree of Tilt: 20°
- Degree of Trim: -3° through +20°
- Dry Weight: 97 kg (214 lbs)
- Mounting Centers: N/A
- Steering Angle (maximum): 40° from center, either direction
- Warranty: Limited 3-year Pleasure, 3-year Government, 1-Year Commercial
- Engine Type
- 3 cyl.
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.56 x 2.95 in. (65 x 75mm)
- Shaft Length
- 20 in.
- 214 lb. (97 kg)
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 40 hp
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000 ~ 6000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.00:1 / Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Fuel Induction
- 17 Amp
- Limited 3-year Pleasure, 3-year Government, 1-Year Commercial